How to optimize logistics in your business
HOW TO MANAGE LOGISTICS IN YOUR BUSINESS
Logistics is one of the core operations in any business, optimizing logistics is essential to make sure you can actually deliver goods to your customer at minimum cost and on time. Weeple acts as a one-stop solution for all your transportation requirement – one transportation partner to send your goods to any customer anywhere in the country. This makes sure that you focus on marketing, sales and improving your product and don’t waste efforts due to inefficiency in the Indian Logistics Industry.
You need to determine the following things to effectively manage logistics –
- The expected quantity of sales – If you expect your order to be in big quantity then you can book a full truck which has the lowest per-unit rate. But if the order would be in small quantity – like some cartoon boxes- then you can go for part truck load transportation. Weeple provides both type of transportation.
- Delivery and pickup – If you need the goods to be picked up and delivered to your customer and you are not going with big name like GATI or TCI who charges multiple times than a normal goods transporter, then this will be a tough job as most of the transporter ask you to send your goods to their warehouse and pick from their warehouse in destination city. Moreover, you need to have contacts with loading truck drivers to send the goods to the warehouse and talk to different transporter for different routes. With Weeple, you don’t need to waste efforts in these activities. Weeple pickups the goods from your location and deliver the goods to your customer at door-step.
Learn more about this at – https://www.weeple.in/how-to-transport-goods/
To optimize the Logistics operations, you can do the following thing-
- Choose a transporter who has the capacity to transport goods from the first mile to last mile.
- In case you sell or buy in large quantity, then order according to the capacity of trucks. Like, make orders of 9ton, 19 ton, 25 ton or 31 ton. In case your order is of 15 ton, then it is the industry norm to charge freight according to the capacity of trucks as the truck will carry your goods only (in case of full truck booking). The transporter will charge you for 19 ton even if the weight of your goods 15 ton.
- Share your expected order details with your logistics partner, he will give you suggestions to reduce the overall cost.
- Don’t just go for the cheapest option, we have seen people being scammed where they lost their goods worth lakhs. Weeple provides you the option to get your goods Insured. The insurance is free on your first transaction with Weeple.
The process of goods transportation
- Call Weeple for rates to give quotation to your customer.
- Call for goods pick up when you get confirmation from your customer. This involves preparing the necessary documents. Read more about legal requirement here
- Pay a part of the freight.
- Get the delivery and pay rest of the amount.
The actual logistics is very complex and needs you to perform various activities which are quite tiring. You need to arrange a loading truck to send the goods to transporter’s warehouse, send one of your team members to complete documentation, call again and again due to multiple delays.
Just call us on 9111221101 or mail us on Growth@weeple.in. Check out more about Weeple at Weeple.in.